Senior Electronics Engineer / Electronic Assembly Engineer
Job Title: Senior Electronics Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This is an opportunity for an electronic engineer with an enthusiasm for electronics design and test, covering a broad range of robotics, process equipment and vision systems.
In this role the successful candidate will be working closely with the lead electronics engineer where they will be designing new technical electronic products. The successful candidate should be a competent engineer in electronics and embedded firmware covering analogue, digital, video and power, with a strong practical approach and capability.
The main role will be to support the new product development team from an electronics perspective but you will support the electronics team across all engineering functions including R&D and continuous improvement.
The location will be office based Harrogate, North Yorkshire but will include occasional travel
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leading electronics projects and the development of customer solutions and products
- Ensure implementation, adherence and improvement of the design process
- Lead projects to internal and external project processes
- Ensure that solutions sought by the design team are progressed in an efficient manner that reflect the long term ambitions of the department
- Work with project and business partners to improve departmental capabilities
- Design and development of bespoke components, assemblies and systems
- Undertake electronic / electrical design tasks taking responsibility for assembly, design and fitness for purpose
- Technical Report writing
- Work within and take ownership of the OHSAS18001, ISO9001, ISO14001,
- ISO27001 and PAS99 processes within the operational side of the business
Currently able to work in the United Kingdom
- HNC /HND / BEng / MEng or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- 5 to 10 Years' level of experience in an electronics environment
- PCB schematics and layouts, designing and testing PCB boards
- Medium volume PCB assembly/manufacturing and supply chain/subcontract management
- Strong C/C++ & PIC basic programming experience
- Analogue and digital electronics including microcontrollers
- Strong practical skills
- Manufacturing practices and processes (ideally six sigma and DFM)
- Strong practical electronic and electrical skills (soldering, wiring, assembly)
- Understanding and practical skill in fault finding electronics
- Enthusiastic with a questioning and positive challenging attitude
The successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Focused on solutions with a passion for quality
- Team working skills with an approachable demeanour
- Common sense and practical approach
- Working on own initiative
- IT, literacy, and numerical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good time management skills, with the ability to handle the pressure of meeting deadlines
It would be beneficial if the candidate:
- Has or is working towards professional recognition - Eng Tech/ IEng / CEng
- CE marking and technical construction file experience
- ATEX experience
- Experience with Eagle PCB software
- Experience with analogue CCTV and digital video
This company is NOT offering visa sponsorship for this role.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Electronic Assembly Operative, Electronic Technician, Wiring Technician, Electrical, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support, Repairs Technician, Repair Engineer, Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Builder, Tradesperson, Multiskilled Tradesperson, Electronics Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Design Engineer, Solid Edge, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Smartteam, Cosmos, Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Product Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Improvement Engineer, Design Improvement Engineer, Design Technician, Mechanical Technician, CAD Engineer, SolidWorks Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer may also be considered for this role.