Project and Compliance Officer
Job Title: Quality and Compliance
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business as a quality and compliance specialist with an enthusiasm for product design and test, covering a broad range of robotics, process equipment and vision systems. This will entail carrying out CE Assessments of machinery, equipment and devices as well as carrying out non-compliance inspections, compiling necessary reports and documentation.
In this role you will be working closely with the principal engineers where you will be ensuring efficient and effective completion of product technical files. You should be competent in machinery or electronics and possess a strong practical approach with a critical eye for detail.
The location will be office based Harrogate, North Yorkshire but could include occasional travel.
The successful candidate will:
- Technical file creation and review
- Perform machinery inspections according to Machinery Directive requirements
- Advise internal customers on CE marking, machinery safety and ATEX requirements
- Providing internal training both at customer sites and at our offices
- Carry out PUWER compliance checks
- Ensure implementation, adherence and improvement of the internal design process
- Work with project and business partners to improve departmental capabilities
- Strong Technical Report writing and reviewing
- Work within and take ownership of the OHSAS18001, ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001 and PAS99 processes within the operational side of the business.
- Currently able to work in the United Kingdom
- HNC /HND / BEng / MEng or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- 5 to 10 Years' level of experience in a product quality / compliance role
- Thorough understanding of European Harmonised Standards, specifically:
- Demonstrable track record of CE marking
- Enthusiasm for the implementation of new products and processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic with a questioning and positive challenging attitude
The successful candidate will be:
- Focused on solutions with a passion for quality
- Team working skills with an approachable demeanour
- Common sense and practical approach
- Working on own initiative
- Strong IT, literacy, and numerical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and impartially
- Good time management skills, able to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
It would also beneficial to:
- Have or be working towards professional recognition - Eng Tech / IEng / CEng
- WRAS and section 31b water standards experience
- Full UK driving license
- PED (pressure equipment)
This company is NOT offering visa sponsorship for this role.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Quality Development Manager, Compliance Assistant, Quality Coordinator, Quality Supervisor, Product Quality Manager, Compliance Manager, Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Manager, Safety Environment Manager, Compliance Officer, Quality Assurance Manager, QA Manager, Continuous Improvement, Compliance Executive, Improvement Manager, Business Development, Quality Overseer will also be considered for this role.