Salary: Negotiable and Highly Competitive
Benefits: Van and uniform provided, company pension scheme, 28 days holiday
Hours: Full Time + overtime available
Location: Manchester and surrounding areas
Our client is a well established Building Services company located in Central Manchester. They cover building and construction work in the North West, Central England and Wales. All work is completed to an exceptionally high standard on both commercial and private properties. Due to consistent success our client is now looking for a Painter/ Decorator to join their hardworking team.
As an employee of our client, you would be responsible for the performance of a routine and an extensive range of work in the painting and decorating of facilities and buildings within Manchester and the surrounding areas.
Locations will include houses, flats, rooms, communal areas, the external areas of buildings and gardens.
- Both external and internal painting and decorating works
- Measuring surface areas to assess costs
- Preparing the materials you need.
- Stripping off old wallpaper or layers of paint.
- Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level.
- Covering surfaces with primer and undercoat.
- Reporting where there is a need for higher / specialist skilled crafts
- You will be required to work alone at times
- Completing all relevant paperwork
The Ideal Candidate:
- Hold previous experience in a similar role.
- Be proficient in the use of various decorating methods
- You need to be reliable, flexible and able to do the job.
- Be conscientious, trustworthy and hardworking.
- Be able to solve straightforward problems.
- Be able to work using own initiative.
- Have basic reading skills for following job, safety and other instructions.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Maintenance Worker, Maintenance, Tradesman, Skilled Trades, Handyman, Tradesman Vacancies, Labourer, Decorator, Decorating, Paint, Painting, Painter, Domestic, DIY.