Digital Project Manager
The Digital Project Manager (DPM) will assume responsibility for the technical development of the charity's new digital education resource, the charity's online education platform, Learning Zone is still in its infancy and the DPM is a new role in the team.
Learning Zone is built on an open-source Learning Management System that has been adapted to enable the charity to dynamically deliver personalised education content based on a bespoke user registration and content tagging system. The DPM will assume responsibility for the consolidation and evolution of the LMS and manage and direct the work of external technical agencies to increase the LMS' flexibility and functionality.
Learning Zone is a Tier 1 strategic priority for the charity and the DPM role is a critical addition to the team to enable accelerated development of this exciting new project.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
- Manage and co-ordinate work with external technical agencies & suppliers
- Produce technical briefs to evolve functional and interactive development of Learning Zone.
- Articulate, schedule and manage delivery of technical development work-streams on time and on budget
- Co-ordinate work and phased testing of new content, content variations and new functionality across staged and production environments
- Identify errors/bugs and rectify or direct external technical consultants to deliver solutions
- Build new content types / direct external technical agencies to deliver more complex interactivity for users. Increase emphasis on facilitating offline behaviour change with exploration/development of tools that facilitate two-way communications with users.
- Support the team to evolve tags/attributes/taxonomy framework as content assets grow. Deliver functional solutions to dependency/logic problems that cannot be solved through content variation approaches.
- Work with team members to deliver an on-going process to assess UX to improve user experience/functionality development
- Evolve the technical capability of Learning Zone's user dashboard. Co-ordinate development work to deliver a more personalised/interactive experience
- Oversee the technical aspects of structural changes to module/lesson presentation and deliver technical solutions to enable push/pull data communication between the dashboard and learning modules.
- Manage adaptions to registration/interactives to enable the LMS to obtain new user data and manipulate or apply algorithms to that data
- Deliver technical work / direct external technical agencies to develop new H5P elements that integrate with the charity's Learning Management System
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Demonstrate a proven track record of managing and directing the development of innovative digital projects from early development to implementation
- Effectively manage vibrant and dynamic digital platforms that are stable and deliver consistent high quality user experiences
- Work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Deliver effective solutions to complex technical challenges
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- Project management of digital projects and development of online projects
- Managing and directing external technical agencies to deliver work in a thorough and efficient manner
- Managing and developing work through open source Learning Management Systems and Content Management Systems
- Strong project management skills including project planning, time management, implementation and monitoring
The best person for this job will be:
- Educated to degree level or demonstrate equivalent experience in a technical discipline
- An ambitious, solutions-focussed individual who is creative and tenacious
- Flexible and able to support the education team as needed
- Passionate about how digital solutions can deliver health information and content to help people lead healthy, happy lives
- Analytical, thorough and a talented problem solver
- A strong and compelling advocate for digital content developed through a user-centred design approach