Commercial Lettings Manager (Part Time)
Commercial Lettings Manager (Part Time)
Founded in 1604, Blundell’s is a co-educational independent school for pupils aged 11 – 18. Boasting excellent facilities and the best in pastoral care, we are committed to providing an outstanding learning experience for all students.
We are now looking for a Commercial Lettings Manager to join our team on a part time basis, working an average of 17.5 hours per week.
- Salary of £46,000 - £50,000 pro rata
- Five weeks’ holiday per year (pro rata) plus Bank Holidays
- Personal pension
- Free meals in the dining hall
- Use of gym, swimming pool, tennis courts and fitness suite
This is an exciting new venture for our school where you will have the chance to make a real impact on revenue and the profitability of our organisation.
We’re eager to hear from those from a variety of backgrounds, so if you come from a commercial lettings background or have experience in reservations or revenue generation within leisure and tourism, we want to hear from you.
We’ve got an exciting environment here at Blundell’s, with great facilities and a forward-thinking approach towards the education of our learners and use of our grounds and buildings.
What’s more, we are offering superb rewards for the right person and with a requirement of just 17.5 hours per week, you’ll have plenty of scope to fulfil your other commitments and achieve additional goals alongside your career.
So, if you are looking for something more from your career, this is a superb opportunity to grow and progress as our Commercial Lettings Manager and help our school achieve more within the local and wider community.
As the Commercial Lettings Manager, you will take on a newly created role that is designed to set up and maximise revenue from the school’s facilities.
At present, we have seven boarding houses, with an approximate bed capacity of 400, a purpose-built theatre, a music school, which includes two composition suites and a recording studio, ICT suites, and design and technology workshops. We also boast extensive sporting facilities including two floodlit Astroturf pitches, two gyms, a fitness suite, an outdoor swimming pool, cricket nets and sports pitches, as well as classrooms, dining areas and a vehicle fleet.
It is our intention to develop our current programme of external lettings for these facilities and grow revenue significantly, particularly during the school holidays. Our existing commercial activity is limited to a small number of non-residential activities, primarily at the Prep School and occasional not-for-profit events.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Working with the Bursary Team
- Proposing budgets
- Establishing rates for the use of facilities and ensuring users are charged appropriately
- Providing forecasts and reports
- Being supported in finance-related activity by the Accountant and Assistant Accountant
- Promoting the values of the commercial activity across the wider school community
- Seeking additional opportunities to maximise commercial revenue
To be considered as the Commercial Lettings Manager, you will need:
- Experience in managing commercial lettings, hospitality reservations or revenue generation within leisure and tourism
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Computer literacy with spreadsheets, email and word processing
- Sensitivity and an understanding of the issues of a school community
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We would be interested in hearing from you if you have held the role of Commercial Manager, Revenue Manager, Business Manager, School Business Manager, Reservations Manager, Commercial Operations Manager, Lettings Manager, Hotel Reservations Manager, or Leisure & Tourism Manager.
This is a part time role working an average of 17.5 hours per week plus some weekend and evening work to attend school events.
Webrecruit and Blundell’s are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking for a change in your working life and could thrive as our Commercial Lettings Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.