Business Development Manager
A pro-active field based sales role responsible for driving new business and growing key accounts for the venue. This role is tasked with building the venue profile in local and national markets by creating and executing an exceptional sales plan.
A self-motivated individual with a strong desire to work within a sales environment and must be a highly motivated pro-active self-starter, with commitment and drive for business development and a knack for relationship building.
The role will include meeting and exceeding targets with the view to increasing revenue across non-match day Meetings and Events and ensuring that the Conference and Banqueting department continues to grow in revenue and profitability.
PLACE OF WORK
- KCOM Stadium, Hull, Walton Street, Anlaby Road, Hull, HU3 6HU
HOURS OF WORK
- Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5pm
- Attendance at some match days to maximise relationships and club key clients
- Required to work special events/dinners to meet and greet and host tables
- Flexibility in this role is essential
- To target new customers through existing databases and to self-source and develop fresh prospects through outbound telesales & meetings both on and off site.
- To identify new sales and maintain excellent relationships with existing customers.
- Research organisations and individual’s online and social media to identify new leads and markets.
- To explore new marketing initiatives that will generate new leads, customers and business.
- Sell KCOM as a venue for all types of ‘events’ from Meetings and Conferences to Christmas Parties and weddings.
- To meet and exceed sales targets as set by line manager.
- To network on match days to build relationships with corporate customers and explore their need for KCOM on non-matchdays.
- To bring a ‘can do’ approach to the role and to achieve a minimum number of quality customer contacts per day.
- To network externally and build relationships with key customers.
- To increase our visibility/profile with Conference Agents across the UK and attend Venue Visits to present to them.
- To make telephone contact with current, lapsed and potential Event customers in order to sell KCOM for their event needs.
- To arrange appointments with potential customers to generate new business opportunities.
- To present the Stadium in a structured professional way.
- Be aware of competitor activities & industry trends.
- Negotiating the terms of sale and closing the deal.
- To negotiate on price and costs with the aim of getting a sale.
SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Excellent telephone manner with an ability to make quality outbound calls
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven business-to-business sales experience with a track record in delivering results
- Commitment to customer service and detail
- Dynamic, confident, determined, pro-active, organised and methodical
- Resilience, and the ability to cope with rejection
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadline and targets
- Computer literate (especially in Events 500 CRM, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A knowledge and track record of event and venue sales would be preferred