Quality Assurance Officer / Food Quality Supervisor / QA
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
The Company is looking for two motivated and detail orientated part time QA's to join their Technical team based at their Coldstore partner Reed Boardall in York. You will be critical to the quality assurance process ensuring all their products are regularly tested to ensure they meet the high standards we expect.
Working remotely from the central Technical team you will need to be self-motivated and a great communicator to ensure that all their processes are followed and the team in Stonehouse are kept informed.
- Ensure the effective QA Testing, retesting and reporting of all products as required on intake
- Submit lab samples in line with schedule
- Conducting Shelf Life Analysis sampling
- Update QA testing on GUS system
- Raise non-conformances for out of spec product
- Assist with customer complaint investigation
- Work with Technical team to manage stock rejections and notification
- Process sample orders ensuring product is labelled and packaged as required.
- Ensure the timely dispatch of high quality samples to customers and suppliers as instructed and maintain internal communication to confirm dispatch
- Ordering of all required packaging for sales and lab samples
- Experience of working in the food industry, ideally within frozen food sector
- Experience of working in a commercial kitchen environment
- Experience of QA would be advantageous although full training to our policies and procedures will be given
- Food safety qualification level 2 as a minimum
The Company is looking for someone who:
- Shares their love for food
- Is innovative and creative thinkers
- Has a great communicators
- Is able to work under pressure
- Has good organisation skills
- Enjoy numbers and is comfortable with spreadsheets and figures manipulation
- Methodical and analytical
- Is able to work on own initiative
- Has high standards; and lots of attention to detail
Hours of work:
The Company is looking for two people to cover the shifts below and provide cover for one another during holiday or periods of absence.
- 15 hours per week, Monday - Wednesday (9:30am - 2:30pm) OR
- 10 hours per week, Wednesday and Thursday (9:30am - 2:30pm)
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (exc. bank holiday)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Company sick pay scheme
To apply for the role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
Candidates with experience of: Food Quality Manager, Food Quality Supervisor, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Quality Advisor, Quality Officer, Quality Assurance Supervisor, Environmental Coordinator, Food Assurance Officer, Quality Supervisor and Technical Compliance Coordinator may also be considered for this role.