Research Bid Manager
NFER is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Research Bid Manager to join the team based in Slough (York and South Wales will be considered). Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £34,925-£41,703 per annum and the level of appointment and associated salary will depend upon qualifications and experience.
Founded in 1946, NFER is the UK's leading independent provider of research and assessment for education. We carry out research for the Department for Education, the Welsh Government, the Education Endowment Foundation and clients from across the world. As a non-for-profit, we exist to make a difference to education and the lives of learners, by providing robust evidence to inform policy and practice.
About the Research Bid Manager role:
As a Research Bid Manager you would be based in the Bid Team, within NFER’s Research Department. The Bid Team is made up of colleagues from social research, information and data management and proposal development backgrounds. We oversee all of NFER’s proposal activity. You would be working on proposals to win contracts for large international education surveys and complex evaluations of policy interventions to improve teaching and learning, for example.
What does the Research Bid Manager role involve?
- Planning and chairing proposal and pitch development meetings, including steering decision-making
- Inputting ideas for our bid winning strategy, ensuring our proposals and pitches are robust, persuasive and cost effective
- Finding solutions to issues as they arise, liaising and negotiating with commissioners, colleagues and partners as needed
- Leading or supporting the project management of proposals
- Writing and editing sections of proposal text to client-ready standards
- Identifying suitable track record examples, researching relevant information and inputting intelligence from the wider Bid Team data into bids
- Inputting to decisions about what NFER should and shouldn’t bid for
To be successful in this Research Bid Manager role you will need;
- Experience in managing and writing winning highly bespoke proposals
- Used to taking full responsibility for writing or editing sections of prose to a client-ready standard
- Excellent at developing strategies to win highly competitive research and assessment contracts
- Experienced or interested in social research and/or assessment methods
- Able to coach colleagues in bid writing and pitching skills
- Solution-focused, flexible and collegiate, with excellent communication skills
- Able to work at pace
We are keen to hear from candidates who have worked in social research and are looking to move into a more strategic, business development-focused role. However, we will also seriously consider candidates from other sectors, who can demonstrate the ability to pick up new areas of expertise very quickly.
How to Apply
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as our Research Bid Manager please click ‘Apply’ below.
Closing date: Thursday 19th July 2018
Interviews: 25th / 26th July 2018
Applicants for this post should note that it is exempt from the “Rehabilitation of Offenders Act”; further details of NFER’s Disclosure & Barring Service (“DBS”) checking procedure are in the attached “Further Particulars” for this post.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.
The NFER is an equal opportunity employer and a Registered Charity (No. 313392).