Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Assistant Manager, Supervisors, General Assistants, Baristas and Customer Host.
Main Purpose of Role: To manage a team and resources to ensure that store profitability is maximised and excellent customer care is delivered.
Cost and Budgetary Control
- To manage the store within accordance of all financial budgets as agreed with the Operations Manager
- To monitor the performance of their store against budgets and proactively implement actions to achieve the financial forecasts.
- To recruit staff in accordance with company policy and ensure all staff are trained efficiently as to comply with Health & Safety, Food Safety and HR policies.
- To arrange and conduct staff training sessions.
- To ensure that the shop and staff operate to the laid down procedures defined by the Operations, Training and Induction Manuals.
- To hold monthly meetings with the team as per the company meeting agenda.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the rotas are prepared at least 2 weeks in advance and to ensure there is adequate cover to meet the demands of the business.
- To conduct six monthly and annual appraisals with staff
- To ensure that the shop is open during agreed opening times.
- To manage staff holidays in such a way as to ensure full cover at all times.
- To ensure that the shop staff comply with Company Standards and enforce necessary procedures so that those standards are met.
- To lead the shop and take personal responsibility for problems.
- To ensure that the provisions laid down by the Food Safety Manual are implemented.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that the provisions laid down by the Health and Safety Policy are implemented.
- To ensure that all procedures laid down by the Health and safety manuals are implemented.
- To ensure a high standard of housekeeping at all times.
- To act as the location Fire Marshall.
- To carry out Risk Assessments.
- To ensure that all paperwork is completed in line with company policy and UK legislation.
- To ensure that that paperwork is forwarded and filed as necessary in a tidy, timely and orderly fashion
Purchasing and Ordering
- To order and store all goods necessary in good condition to ensure that retail demands are met.
- To order and purchase goods that are from approved suppliers and are from approved product lists only
Security and Maintenance
- To ensure the store is safe and secure
- To manage the allocation of keys, passwords and security codes.
- To ensure that the premises and equipment are in good and safe condition.
- To be the main key holder and on the police call out list.
- To manage the sites waste provisions.
Marketing and Promotions
- To pro-actively implement marketing and promotional campaigns.
- To utilise and manage the marketing tools available to maximise sales opportunities.
- To advise the Operations Manager/Assistant Operations Manager on marketing opportunities which relate specifically to the shop location and also across the whole group.
- To be an active member of the company’s Management team and assist other managers in order to meet the company’s goals and objectives.
- To attend Managers Meetings as and when requested.
- To support the Operations Manager in all aspects of the Company’s Shop Retailing and in a stature pursuant of a Manager.
- To proactively adapt systems to meet the seasonal demand of the Business.
- To plan and consider contingencies to deal with any foreseeable eventualities.
- To make sound judgements and decisions to cover the progressive demands of the store.
Person specification - Essential (E) Or Desirable (D)
Educated to A-Level equivalent or above - D
Food safety level 2 - D
Health & Safety in the workplace - D
Management/Leadership - D
Level 2 City & Guilds Barista Skills - D
At least 2 years’ customer care experience in a similar role - E
At least 2 years’ management experience in a similar role - E
At least 6 months Barista experience - D
Knowledge and experience of financial KPIs - E
Knowledge of HR including staff training, recruitment and appraisals - E
Skills and abilities
Well-developed communication skills - E
Good knowledge of IT skills including word, excel and outlook - E
Good time management & organisation - E
Ability to lead and delegate - E
Works well under pressure - E
Welsh Speaker - D
Qualities & Attitude
Team player - E
Customer focused - E
Flexible - E
Approachable - E
Committed - E
Embraces company values - E
Reliable - E
Confident - E
Willing to learn - E
Enthusiastic - E
Respectful - E
“Can do” mindset - E
Great work ethic - E
Ability to work to targets - E
Proactive – E
Apply for Store Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly