Senior Sous Chef - Scunthorpe United
Venue Catering Partner are looking for a full-time Senior Sous Chef to work at Scunthorpe United in the delivery of catering services which provide competitive advantages to the first team and academy and commercial catering
Achieve the Match Day and Non Match Day (conference and banqueting) budget turnover, maximising profit, by tight controls of expenses. To organise all deliveries and stock levels to suit business levels and ensure business meets all health & safety & environmental health requirements. Manage staff numbers and variable payroll to % target within profit & loss. Ensure all kitchen staff are well presented at all times. Record all expenditure and deliver set cost of sale.
Menu planning and development of the food standards working closely with the Club Nutritionist to deliver food for the First Team, Academy & Coaching Staff.
- To work in collaboration with the Head of Performance Nutrition and Head Chef to assist with planning innovative and performance focussed menus for First Team and U23s.
- Organise day to day running of business.
- Ensure Kitchen is well presented at all times.
- Manage orders for all food in line with agreed suppliers.
- Ensure all menus are costed.
- Produce specifications/pictures for all menus.
- Manage staff levels in line with profit & loss.
- Report weekly forecasted staff levels to Catering Manager.
- Ensure cleaning schedules are up to date.
- Manage all risk assessments and ensure any problems are solved.
- Complete all relevant EHO information including temp records.
- Be involved in weekly event brief meeting all departments.
- Ensure Kitchen staff are well presented at all times in standard unit uniform.
- To support the whole team in all areas of the operation.
- Ensure that all events are provided the service/food as set by the client.
- Ensure good stock rotation is maintained and delivered
- Deliver budgeted cost of sale
- Do monthly stock take
- To ensure that all purchases are in line with shopping basket provided by Catering Manager.
- Complete all Financial responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Ensure regular staff levels are adjusted in line with business levels.
- To organise own time off in conjunction with Catering Manager and VCP Group.
- To ensure that holidays are taken subject to the needs of the business and not carried forward.
- To report, and where possible take action for, any incidences of fire, damage, loss, refrigerator breakdowns or other occurrences.