Health and Safety Advisor
Health & safety Advisor
BOSTON / Field based
£Excellent (DOE) + Company Car
Calling all Health and Safety Professionals!
Are you tired of:
- Planning your own workload?
- Living out of a suitcase week in week out?
- Missing being home for your evening meal with the family?
- Driving to and from multiple sites in one day?
but, love working as a health and safety consultant? If so, read on.
Our prestigious client, established in 1989, are a leading provider of Health, Safety, Construction and Employment Consultancy Services in the East Midlands. Priding themselves on providing the best possible support and advice to their customers, they are not afraid to pull up their sleeves and get their boots muddy working with a variety of clients including agricultural professionals (farmers etc).
To provide a high-quality Health and Safety consultancy service to our clients' impressive portfolio of customers. Offering advice and support whilst on site and reporting to the Directors any new opportunities for the company to investigate or and promote additional services that may be offered.
Role responsibilities will include
- Carrying out site safety inspections at client's premises, and undertaking work at site as required;
- Providing telephone and email advice to clients;
- Preparing risk assessments, safe systems of work, COSHH assessments, etc. as required;
- Visiting client's premises, as prescribed, to carry out specific risk assessment studies and subsequent preparation of reports as required;
- Ensuring that clients are aware of CDM requirements, advising and passing on leads to colleagues;
- Recognising additional services/products that the company may provide, and request the production of quotations as required;
- Managing own client base, looking for the significant risks and hazards within each specific business. Ensuring good value, proactive health and safety advice is provided;
- To present training courses on health and safety, as required;
- To write new training courses and review current training courses prior to delivery; and
- Any other reasonable requirements that may be requested from you by a Director of the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
- Sound knowledge and experience working as a Health & Safety consultant;
- Full Driving licence;
- Experience in delivering training from tool box talks through to formal training sessions;
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, or currently working towards, (NEBOSH certificate is a minimum requirement);
- IOSH Membership;
- Fire certificate (NEBOSH/ Fire Managers);
Benefits will include
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 30 days' annual leave rising to 35 including Bank Holidays
- Healthcare (after 6 Months);
- Death in service;
- Company Pension
- Company Car provision.
Enjoy the pre-planned visits, where you would usually spend a full day at one site (10am-4pm on average) so you can really get stuck in and help to make a difference. There is driving, of course, however most of our clients are within 2-hour drive from our offices, some are further, but these are shared out with the team, to limit the effect on your work life balance!
You must be a team player, with the ability to work alone. You will have a positive and proactive approach to health and safety.
Please note: A DBS Enhanced Check may be required should you be working at premises where this is a requirement.