7 days left
- Full Time
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker (Kensington & Chelsea Floating Support Service) to join the team based in Kensington & Chelsea. You will be there on a full time, fixed term basis and you will receive a competitive salary of £21,500 per annum.
The Kensington and Chelsea Floating Support Service is a specialist service that provides short term support which can last between three months and one year.
Our support aims to help customers develop confidence and skills to live independently within their community, and includes support around emotional wellbeing, physical health, money and budgeting, social skills and links into work or training.
We work with customers across a wide range of housing tenures.
Working from a person-centred approach, customers are fully involved in planning their own care and support, with staff and customers regularly reviewing their support plans to ensure that support needs and aspirations are continuously reflected.
The Support Worker role:
To deliver high quality and effective support services, which promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers, in accordance with Family Mosaic policies and procedures and the principles of best practice.
Key responsibilities as our Support Worker:
- Carrying out initial assessments
- Complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Hold a caseload of medium / high support needs clients, and provide support to them on a key-work basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required (typical caseloads 20)
- Lead on cases where there is a safeguarding or child protection concern and to ensure safeguarding processes and actions are followed through to case closure
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan
- Support customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Support customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
What we’re looking for in our Support Worker:
- Demonstrable experience of providing support to vulnerable people
- Experience of supporting vulnerable people to live independent lives in the community
- A sound working knowledge of a variety of support interventions and techniques
- A good knowledge of statutory and community services
- A good knowledge of welfare benefits and a practical understanding of tenancy law
- A good knowledge of Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- A good understanding of Supporting People and Quality Assessment Framework requirements
- A good understanding of equal opportunities and diversity and how these relate to the support of vulnerable people
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Support Worker please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear form you!
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Apply for Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly