Assistant Catering Manager - Living Coasts
Assistant Catering Manager – Living Coasts
£20,767.50 per annum
Want to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading regional attraction? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your career with an innovative organisation as an Assistant Catering Manager.
We are Living Coasts, an innovative coastal zoo and aquarium that lets you see the wonders of the world’s coasts right from the heart of Torquay.
While most people may know us for our amazing animals in naturalistic habitats, we are also a conservation and education charity. Part of the Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust, we are dedicated to protecting our global wildlife heritage and inspiring a respect for animals, plants and the environment in others.
Living Coasts café is uniquely positioned, offering the best views in the Torbay area. We cater for our visitors to the zoo/aquarium itself but also open our doors to the public, including a stunning function space.
We are looking for a dynamic Assistant Catering Manager to oversee the day-to-day management of the Living Coasts Café whilst being involved in developing an exciting longer-term catering strategy.
The Benefits (after your probationary period):
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Free entry to our three zoos for you and your immediate family
- Discounts in our catering and retail outlets
- Company sick pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Branded uniform provided
- Develop your career with a leading charity
We know that starting any new role can be nerve-wracking, which is why we provide an in-depth induction and ongoing support to ensure that you succeed in your role.
You will have the chance to work alongside a passionate, friendly team, build on your existing expertise and play a vital part in the day-to-day running of our zoo.
As an Assistant Manager, you will work with our passionate Catering Manager to oversee the entire catering operation, ensuring the team have everything they need to give the guests' a great hospitality experience.
You’ll always consider how we can do it better, more efficiently, and how we can deliver an even better end result for visitors. Your ideas will always be welcomed and you will be expected to provide ideas into what else we can do to get our customers talking, tasting, and coming back.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Oversee a team of Chefs, Supervisors and Assistants
- Help to create a culture of service excellence within your team
- Ensure that high standards of service and a first-class guest experience are delivered
- Make sure that H&S and food legislation is adhered to
- Act as a key holder for all catering outlets
- Ensure that any POS items are in-line with branding guidelines
To be considered as an Assistant Catering Manager, you will need:
- At least two years' experience of working in a catering environment in a management or supervisory role
- Experience of managing functions or events
- Previous experience of HACCP management and managing safety in the workplace
- A Level 3 Food Safety certificate or be working towards this
- An NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent in Management or Customer Service
Other organisations may call this role Assistant Hospitality Manager, Hospitality Supervisor, Catering Supervisor, Catering Team Leader, Front of House Supervisor, Assistant Front of House Manager or Assistant Kitchen Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 10th July 2018. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 17th July 2018.
Webrecruit and Living Coasts are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to be our Assistant Catering Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week