Bradbury Centre Hostel Worker
Salary Grade point 14 to point 17 (£16,781- £ 17,772 pro rata)
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
HARP is a Southend-on-Sea charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 1200 lives every year.
We are looking for a team of passionate individuals to enhance the work in our emergency hostel.
Job Title: Hostel Worker x 3
Contract Type: Permanent
Saturday & Sunday 9.00 – 17.00 16hr post Quote Ref: HOSTEL1
Saturday & Tuesday 17.00 – 00.00 14hr post Quote Ref: HOSTEL2
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 17.00 – 00.00 21hr post Quote Ref: HOSTEL3
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Ensuring residents of the emergency hostel receive a welcoming, supportive and positive experience that gives them the time and space to adjust to a home environment and settled way of life.
- Build warm and positive relationships with service users, keeping the individuals best interests at heart.
- Enable residents to retain their accommodation, prevent evictions and assist residents that are ready to move on.
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of Service Users.
- Support Service user with meal preparation and household chores
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of or experience of working face to face with vulnerable people.
- Good communication and computer skills.
- Clear communication skills face to face and on the phone or email.
- Ability to manage difficult situations, and deal with them calmly, efficiently and effectively.
- Good customer service skills.
We are happy to consider applicants without experience in this field that can demonstrate empathy and an enthusiasm for the role.
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career and contribution to our clients. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days pro rata annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme through The People’s Pension. HARP will make a contribution to the pension and you will also be required to make a contribution. If you are interested in this position the job description and person specification detailing the Technical and Professional knowledge required and an application form can be found at our website via the button below.
If you would like to discuss any of the roles please contact Andrew Marshall on 01702 430696.
For application pack, please download and save the documents on the website, clicking on “Get Involved” and the “Careers”.
Closing date: 25th July 2018 (Noon)
Shortlisting: 6th August 2018
Interview date: 13th August 2018
Charity No: 1098126
Registered Provider of Social Housing no.4742
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer