Car Mechanic / Technician
6 days left
- Full Time
Car Mechanic / Technician
Salford Van Hire Ltd, one of the country’s leading vehicle rental and contract hire companies are looking to recruit additional Car & Light Commercial vehicle mechanics/technicians who will be based at our Head Office address in Manchester.
- All applicants for this position must be fully qualified and have come from a time served background and attained the necessary qualifications, City & Guilds, NVQ or BTEC.
- Must also possess experience of working on a wide variety of makes and models and be in possession of a current, valid UK driving licence.
- Be able to service and repair vehicles to a high standard, in accordance with standard procedures in operation and in a safe and efficient manner using the necessary skills and knowledge.
- Be able to prepare vehicles for MOT and carry out all aspects of preventative maintenance combined with all aspects of mechanical repairs on a wide and varied fleet of vehicles.
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude and be able to follow instructions precisely and work within time frames in a busy and demanding environment.
- Should have good communication skills and well-focused and be able to work well either as part of a team, or alone, as the workload dictates.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools and equipment that are used within the maintenance and repair of all aspects of vehicle maintenance.
- Be able to complete all necessary paperwork, including job cards and service sheets, in a clear, precise and timely manner.
- Have good command of the English language is essential
Key duties and Responsibilities:
You will responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair and preventative maintenance of a large and varied fleet of vehicles, whilst at the same time be able to promote company values and standards, along with exhibiting appropriate behaviour in accordance with the company ethos, using your talent and abilities to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
Ensure that all of the tools used, as well as the work area, are kept in a clean, tidy and safe condition at all times.
Demonstrate safety, integrity and commitment at all times whilst maintaining excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business, and, when necessary, carry out other duties to meet the varying demands of the business.
Hours of work: Negotiable, but will be between 4 & 5.5 days from 7 per week, between the hours of 7.30am & 6.30pm
Rates of pay: Will only be discussed at interview stage
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Apply for Car Mechanic / Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly