Public Catering Manager - Scunthorpe United
Venue Catering Partner are looking for a part time Public Catering Manager to work at Scunthorpe United in the planning and delivery of public catering services on match days and events.
Responsible for all staffing, food and beverage service in the club kiosks and public bars across the ground primarily Match Day and events at the stadium and on occasions at other stadiums in the UK. This is a part-time role will require a flexible approach to working hours as there will be the requirement to work evenings and weekends to deliver the needs of the first team, match fixtures and other stadium events.
- To work in collaboration with the Catering Manager and VCP Team in planning and preparing the stadium kiosks ready for match day service to service the fans
- To manage a team of casual staff to take the business forward through continuously assessing the performance of staff in order to establish training needs and development potential.
- To be pro-active in team building with management to ensure smooth running of units.
- Produce and recruit a costed rota for staff in accordance to business demands, budgets and change as required.
- To ensure training is carried out to meet the needs of the business, and to improve the team’s performance as identified and requirements of the Company training policy.
- To ensure that all branches purchase all products in accordance with the Purchasing Policies of the company and club.
- To work with the CM / Chief Executive Partner / Chief Finance Partner to investigate and implement ways of raising the spend per head at each branch, through marketing, branding, meal deals and sales penetration improvements
- To work with the Club and VCP to improve on quality and value for money of products sold, to improve gross margins and spend per head opportunities
- To communicate effectively to ensure best practice from back of house to front of house service.
- Ensuring high standards of cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all areas of the kiosks at all times.
- Establishing controls to minimise food and supply waste and portion control for all items served.
- To carry out food safety risk assessments, the food safety management system and effective controls in the food handling process which will include ensuring the kiosks / bars / store rooms comply with Food Hygiene Regulations and Health and Safety Act.
- To ensure food handling and quality are in line with HACCP and EHO regulations.
- Maintenance and rotation of appropriate stock levels with an aim to providing high standards.
- Ensuring delivery notes are checked against requisitions and any identified discrepancies are reported to the supplier.
- To ensure all equipment is maintained in good working order reporting any damage malfunctions to the Catering Manager.
- To ensure equipment and food temperature readings are taken and recorded on a daily basis.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To complete any other reasonable request by Line Managers, VCP and the Club