FINTEC recruit is seeking a Principal Ecologist for an Environmental business based in Glasgow. This is a permanent role with salary negotiable by experience up to £47,000, competitive benefits and flexible working. You will be offering advisory services to businesses in various sectors including renewables, energy networks, marine, commercial sectors. You will require to hold a current driving licence. You will require to have over 10 years experience as a professional ecologist with a technical specialism in protected species (such as bats), marine ecology or botany,
Responsibilities of the Principal Ecologist position:-
- Responsible for designing, and delivering a range of projects in Scotland and across the UK
- Involved in costing work and preparing tenders.
- Responsible for consultation, field survey work, reporting, Ecological Impact Assessment (ECIA), writing Ecology chapters for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Reports, habitat and species management planning, and conducting Habitats Regulations Appraisals (HRAs).
- Manage a team of ecologists and support staff professional development
- Liaison with the Ecology Associate Director and the other Principal Ecologists to grow the ecology sector for the company.
Skills and Experience required:-
- Have a track-record of winning and delivering projects.
- You will have a degree or equivalent in ecology or a related subject. An MSc or PhD in an ecological subject is desirable.
- You will be a Full Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and preferably a Chartered Ecologist or
- Chartered Environmentalist. Based on the CIEEM Competency Framework,
Experience of :
- Habitat/species survey design, planning and fieldwork;
- Species identification, handling and evaluation;
- Habitat identification and evaluation;
- Design and preparation of habitat/species management enhancement plans or projects;
- Outcome monitoring, data management and reporting;
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) etc.;
- Ecological assessment including Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA), and Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA);
- Scientific method, design and implementation; Analysis of data;
- Interpretation and evidence-based reporting; Managing quality;
- Managing and evaluating projects; and Recruiting and developing people.
Please click on apply or send your CV directly to our team and quote Ref: FT3220