CNC Operator, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
We are recruiting for a CNC Operator on behalf of a leading Company who are at the forefront of the railroad revolution, with a blend of history and innovation that drives them each day.
The Company, part of a larger leading Company, have a number of facilities in the UK; where they undertake the manufacture of specialist parts for the rail industry, with around three quarters of their product going into the rail infrastructure in the UK. They take pride in the high standard of their product and the service that they deliver to their customers.
To operate Milling Machines and produce machined components to the production plan, in a safe and efficient manner, within the planned production time and to the required quality.
- Operator must be able to identify the appropriate rail sections and grades of material
- Follow the instructions on the route card and reading of drawings.
- Able to demonstrate how to use measuring equipment correctly and accurately.
- Identify\load the correct tools for the Job and change their inserts.
- Be competent to use DTI clock for probing\setting up job. Setup whole range of jobs required on machine.
- Trained in the use of overhead cranes - training will be provided.
- Load \unload rails to machine using internal cranes as well as with the help of sideloader. Tandem lifting and banksman duties as and when required.
- Load\ backup\ edit programs
- Competent in the use of Grinders, Dynofile and other power tools along with Templates\ gauges
- Ensure the machine is programmed with the correct data for the process required for each rail.
- Work in harmony with others in team.
- Train new operatives when required.
- Ensure that safety requirements are met and work in accordance with the company's procedures and legislation. Wearing of correct PPE, Housekeeping etc
- Reporting of accidents and ''near miss'' incidents in accordance with procedures.
- Communicate with the second shift via the shift log book and at shift changeover.
- Ensure quality standards are met and improved on wherever possible
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience should include manufacturing industry, preferably in a medium to heavy environment
- CNC Operator Experience, with some programming knowledge
- Awareness of safety legislation and quality procedures (ISO 9001)
Salary: £23,731 + Shift Allowance
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to candidates seeking roles in the following: Machine Operator, Plant Operator, CNC Operator, Milling, Technical Operator Packer, Lathe Operator, Plant Technician, Production Plant Operator, Key Operative, Production Supervisor, Production Team Leader, Operative, Miller, Machinst, Setter, Rail, Locomotive, Sheffield, South Yorkshire