A full time opportunity working 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday has become available for an Accounts Manager to join a SME business based in Atherstone, Warwickshire. Due to the size of the business this is a varied role and you will be expected to be actively involved in all areas of the finance and accounting functions.
This will include:
• Managing accounts and the payroll system
• Overseeing quarterly VAT returns
• Overseeing bank reconciliations
• Credit control
• Maintaining sales / purchase / nominal ledger accounts
• Monthly management reporting
• Overseeing daily / weekly / monthly cash flow reporting and forecasting
• Implementing new procedures for accounts
• Ad hoc reporting
• Management of nominal sales ledger journals
• Year end reporting and liaising with external accountants
• Supervision and management of an accounts assistant
This role will suit someone who has good attention to detail, is an experienced book keeper and is computer literate, with good spreadsheet skills. You will need to be able to balance both accounting and commercial decisions, be self confident and have good interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication at various levels within the Company and with external parties. Previous accounting experience and a good working knowledge of payroll software is essential.
MJCA is an equal opportunities employer