Head of Communications
Head of Communications
£47,000 per annum
Permanent, Full Time
Our client in London are currently hiring a Head of Communications
About the company:
We are advertising for a company who are a social business with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives.
Our client’s services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
This Head of Communications role comes at an exciting time as they seek to grow the organisation, meet their ambition of increased social impact, and extend the provision of life changing services to more people.
Head of Communication – Job description:
- You will be working within the Business Development Division (which also includes teams for Research, Fundraising, and Contracts/Income)
- You will be reporting to the Divisional Director while also supporting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Developing and implementing the overall communications strategy to position our client’s brand with external stakeholders and the general public in the most effective manner.
- Leading on proactive media strategy (supporting the CEO) and overseeing press handling
- Leading on parliamentary liaison and public affairs activity (supporting the CEO)
- Leading on major communications projects (e.g. campaigns and social impact reports)
- Leading and supporting the communications team to implement work plans and projects across digital, media & PR, marketing, employee engagement and creative services
- Driving and ensuring the quality of all outputs and materials
- Integrating Communications activity with other teams within the Business Development division
Head of Communication – Essential experience and skills:
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for quality
- You will have demonstrable experience of working at a senior level in communications, dealing with issues of branding and marketing, digital transformation
- Experience of successfully driving public awareness of an organisation
What our client offers you:
- Simply Health coverage
- Competitive annual leave entitlements
- Contributory pension scheme
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity. They select candidates based their abilities and skills and nothing else and are dedicated to enhancing the diverse profile of their organisation to reflect the communities within which they work.