Administration Support Officer
NFER is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Administration Support Officer to join the team based in Slough. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,419 per annum plus benefits.
Founded in 1946, NFER is a highly respected and successful charity that carries out research within the education system, from early years to further education and employment. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used by government agencies and department, third sector organisations, private and public companies and education sector associations. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
About the Administration Support Officer role:
Joining our busy Research and Products Operations (RPO) team you’ll internally be known as the Senior Survey Support Officer and will undertake clerical work involved within projects relating to the administration of surveys, coding and marking events, products and test development work.
The Administration Support Officer role entails:
- Supporting large scale projects with pack and dispatch and checking research, data and assessment materials
- Logging and checking materials and data
- Taking a lead role in specific projects and supervising staff
- Supporting marking events management and attending off-site events
- Telephoning to gather information from schools and individuals
- Supporting both our telephone unit team and test administrator team when required
To be successful in this Administration Support Officer role you will need to have a flexible approach and a willingness to adapt to all task with good team working experience. You will also be able to demonstrate;
- Good organisation skills with an ability to forward plan a set of tasks against several projects within a fixed timescale and work within that plan
- Good technical skills with the ability to create accurate electronic records and to use Excel and mail-merge
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing, on the telephone and in person
- Strong attention to detail
- An ability to work on own initiative, plan and prioritise work without supervision
What we offer:
A registered charity with an income of £18 million and 210 staff. We undertake around 200 research projects every year, spanning all sectors of education and children’s services. Our clients include UK government departments and agencies at both national and local levels, which benefit from NFER's full range of expert and professional services. Our purpose is to provide independent evidence which improves education and training and hence the lives of learners.
We offer a pleasant office environment within beautiful green surroundings, close to Windsor and Slough town centres; connections by road, rail and air are excellent – we are within easy reach of the M4 and M40, London Paddington is 15 minutes by rail and with free parking. We believe in a work life balance; with 30 days paid leave per year, over and above Bank holidays plus additional discretionary days, good support for staff development and generous pension arrangements.
How to Apply
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as our Administration Support Officer please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.
The NFER is an equal opportunity employer and a Registered Charity (No. 313392).