General Assistant to Managing Director
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: General Assistant to Managing Director
Location: Hertfordshire, SG8
Hours: There are no formal conditions relating to hours and times of work but you are expected to work such hours and days as are reasonably necessary for the proper performance of your duties. Your times of work should be agreed between you and the business owner.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Our client is a young, enterprising and rapidly growing company, but with a business model and approach based on decades of knowledge, skills and experience. The company is proud to build on passion, and the work does not stop once the homes have been sold.
Because of their rapid growth, our client is currently looking for a General Assistant to the Managing Director to join their friendly and enthusiastic team of people.
Duties Will Include:
- Managing staff, providing mentorship and motivation, including delegation of duties and tasks;
- Facilitating effective communication and building a cohesive team;
- Motivating and monitoring performance from subcontractor;
- Understand the build process and assist in coordination of field staff where necessary;
- Develop and maintain systems for consistent and efficient running of building process;
- Supporting the Managing Director in all facets of business development: and be able to scan the horizon to provide suggestions as to business direction and expansion;
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- To check and collaborate with the project manager to award contracts and makes payments/retentions.
- To maintain and update social media platforms on a weekly basis.
- To assist with daily administrative duties.
- To develop processes for the companies to follow as it grows.
- To collaborate with accountant to understand company’s finances, and to assist with forecasting.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to bachelor degree or with equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills and a proven ability to grow and maintain relationships with clients and other external stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- The ability to manage, mentor and motivate other members of the team.
- A thorough understanding of the business world, preferably building development.
- Full driving licence
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for building compliance and the construction industry
Excellent benefits – You will be eligible for a range of competitive benefits, including an opportunity to invest into the business with a high return, along with an incentive scheme based on projects completed within timescales each year. NEST Pension
The closing date for applications is 01.08.2018
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Secretary, Administrator, Executive Administrator, Executive Assistant, Assistant to Director, Assistant to Manager
Apply for General Assistant to Managing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly