HGV Class 1 Driver
5 days left
- Full Time
HGV Class 1 Driver
£27,000 per annum plus additional payments for nights away
Permanent, Full Time
We are advertising for a trucking company in Wolverhampton who are currently hiring a HGV Class 1 Driver
Due to business growth they now have an opening for a HGV Class 1 Driver to fulfil container work from major ports.
HGV Class 1 Driver – Job description:
The ideal candidate should have at least two years’ experience of HGV driving due to insurance reasons. If less than 2 years will be at discretion of the insurer. You must possess HGV Class 1, CE and CPC driver licenses, and a Digi Card.
Your role will involve travelling long distances to carry out deliveries in a timely and safe manner, handling customer’s property respectfully.
You must always practice high standards of health and safely and drive in accordance with the law.
Job requirements and responsibilities:
- 4-5 nights out per week
- Must have at least two years HGV driving experience, hold a clean driving license and a current driver’s qualification card
- If running vehicle back to base on a Saturday, classed as extra
- Must be punctual and be able to communicate
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage
- Handle customer issues on delivery effectively
- Provide excellent customer service
- Load is tipped by the customers, only on the odd occasion does the driver tip the load
- Opening and closing rear doors on the containers
- Basic numeracy & literacy
- Must speak English
- Communicate any complaints or comments made by the customer and report any underlying reason where known
- To drive in a responsible manner complying with all current EU Road Transport regulation at all times
Apply for HGV Class 1 Driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly