4 days left
- Full Time
Residential Support Workers
We have a number of vacancies for Residential Support Workers in our Children’s Service
The vacancies are for our registered homes in the Rochdale, Rossendale and Oldham areas
30 & 39 hours per week contracts, shift work on a rota system
(Shifts include earlies, lates, weekends, sleeps)
£10.00 - £10.60 per hour (dependant on qualification)
The roles involve supporting and assisting young people with learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders, additional and complex needs and associated challenging behaviours.
Main duties include:
- providing the highest standards of care and support to service users in line with their individual care plan
- meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural, cultural and educational needs of young people, acting as an appropriate role model and to work closely with them to enable them to address their difficulties and achieve their optimum potential
- assisting and encouraging people to engage in everyday home, social and leisure activities
- completing daily tasks within the home including budgeting, domestic duties.
- supporting service-users out in the community and on activities such as swimming, youth clubs, walking, cinema or anything they desire
- supporting young people with their health needs as required including the administration of medication, peg feeding, moving and handling
- providing full personal care
- keeping accurate and up to date records
- working positively with colleagues, families and external organisations and professionals
- participating in learning and development opportunities as required.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience of working in a care setting
- Ability to work with young people
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of supporting people with a learning disability is desirable but not essential
- Willingness and ability to complete level 3 Residential Childcare qualification (If required)
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for providing quality care and support
- A flexible approach towards work
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS checks, receipt of satisfactory employment references, eligibility to work in the UK checks and a 6 month probation period.
Short listed applicants will be required to attend an interview at our main offices in the Shawforth area of Lancashire.
Please Apply by email.
Apply for Support Workers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly