Bradbury Centre - Rough Sleeper Project
Salary Grade point 17 to point 20 (£17,772.00 - £19,430.00 pro rata)
Fixed term contract March 31st 2019
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
HARP is a Southend-on-Sea charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 1200 lives every year.
We are looking for a team of passionate individuals to be based at our Bradbury Centre, to be part of an exciting pilot project funded by central government in partnership with the Council and partner agencies to combine our collective resources to help those vulnerable and rough sleeping to get off the streets.
These posts are fixed contract to 31st March 2019 with the prospect of a further year should the initiative prove successful.
Job Title: Support Worker x 6 £9.21 per hour Reference SW1
Salary: Point 17 - 20 starting at £17,772.00 pro rata rising incrementally to £19,430.00 pro rata per annum for each post based on the advertised hours
Contract Type: Fixed Term to March 31st 2019
3 week rotation:
Week 1 – Sat & Sun 09.00 – 17.00
Week 2 – Fri, Sat Sun 23.30 – 09.30
Week 3 – Fri, Sat, Sun 16.30 – 00.00
Main Purpose of the Role:
These Support Worker roles will assist individuals overnight at the Bradbury Centre for those awaiting a bed space in the emergency hostel. The support worker will provide an exemplary and safe Service and will ensure service users receive a welcoming, supportive and positive experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in the homelessness sector or supported housing environments.
- Clear communication skills face to face and on the phone or email.
- The ability to remain calm in a crisis and deal with all incidents in a professional manner.
- Have an empathy and understanding for homeless people, especially those who have complex needs.
- Have the skills to work both on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good customer service skills.
- An understanding of and experience of working face to face with vulnerable people.
- An understanding of a multi-agency approach to reduce the number of people sleeping rough in Southend.
- Provide a high quality service to individuals living on the street and seeking assistance at the Bradbury Centre.
- Experience of applying Health & Safety guidance and ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to.
We are happy to consider flexibility with the hours/days set out in this advert.
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career and contribution to our clients. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme through The People’s Pension. HARP will make a contribution to the pension and you will also be required to make a contribution. If you are interested in this position the job description and person specification detailing the Technical and Professional knowledge required and an application form can be found at our website via the button below.
If you would like to discuss any of the roles please contact Andrew Marshall on 01702 430696.
For application pack, please download and save the documents on the website, www.harpsouthend.org.uk, clicking on “Get Involved” and the “Careers” or contact Clive Franceschi on 01702 615000.
Closing date: 6thth August 2018 (noon)
Shortlisting: 6th August 2018
Interview date: 17th August 2018
Charity No: 1098126 Registered Provider of Social Housing no.4742
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer