Lead QA Analyst (Web Applications)
Lead QA Analyst (Web Applications)
More photos have been taken this decade than in the rest of history! Rapid advances in mobile technology mean that over a trillion pictures are captured each year. Our client helps the photo industry stay ahead of the game.
Our client is looking for talented engineers to work with them to build solutions for some of the world’s biggest brands, and millions of their customers. Over the last 12 years, they’ve grown a diverse client base that ranges from individual store owners, through high street chains to massive global corporations. Although they’re based in the UK, their core clients are also located in Ireland and North America.
Why you should join our client
- They love developing technology, utilizing Open Source projects as the foundation for their systems
- They have an open, honest and transparent culture
- They empower people to make decisions with impact
- They are open to change in our processes, techniques and skills
- They have a smart, motivated and supportive team
- They value learning, agility and feedback
Their team finds creative and innovative ways to solve complex hardware and software problems for their clients. They keep development cycles fast, adapting as they go along, and investing in a culture of discovery and continual feedback.
They are looking for individuals committed to learning more of their trade, and supporting each other’s growth in the process. They still have a startup-like culture of openness to ideas and opportunities for talent to be put to good use… plus a market-tested and profitable product line. So they like to think they have the best of both worlds.
You will join around 90 other staff, based in comfortable, freshly renovated offices located in a conservation area in Hampshire. Trains to Chichester, Southampton, Brighton and London are a 5 minute walk away, and they are also a 15 minute walk to the sea. They’ve got all the usual suspects; breakout areas, a games room and free on-site employee parking. And plenty of the more unusual suspects; a sizable garden, fitness suite, a plethora of musical instruments, modern kitchens, a host of the latest gadgets, opportunities for sporting enthusiasts, copious nerf guns and much more. Plus a 1Gbps fibre connection… they take their technology very seriously!
To make a long story short, they’ve grown a place where they love working, and they think you will too.
What you’ll be doing
- Performing manual and automated testing of our (primarily web) applications
- Working closely with software development teams
- Reading code, discovering faults and debugging them
- Writing and maintaining browser automation scripts
- Researching and implementing new technologies
- Line Management of your team
You should apply if you…
- Have prior QA experience with web applications
- Have a working knowledge of Ruby or similar
- Have experience using Linux in a server environment
It’s a bonus if you have experience with...
- Agile software development concepts and methodologies
- Browser automation (Watir, Capybara, etc)
- Test automation software (Selenium, etc)
- Contributing to open-source projects
- £25,000- £33,000 commensurate with skills/experience
- 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising by a day each year to 31 days after 3 years’ service
- A generous bonus scheme to reward your contribution to the success of the company, paid at Christmas
- 4% contributions towards the NEST pension scheme
- Membership of a Health and Wellbeing support scheme
- Childcare Vouchers and membership of a Ride2Work scheme (discounted bicycles)
- A healthy social calendar
- Learning and development opportunities, both internally and externally
Applications should consist of a one page covering letter explaining how you fulfil the role above and describing an interesting (and ideally relevant technical) project or problem that you've worked on recently. Send this with your full CV and a link to a GitHub account (if you have one) in the form of attachments ONLY.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.