Environmental and Quality Consultant/ QHSE Consultant
Job Title: Environmental and Quality Consultant/QHSE Consultant
Salary: Competitive depending on qualifications, experience, and position requirements
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is an integrated environmental, engineering, health and safety, and sustainability consultancy and they are seeking to recruit an experienced Environmental and Quality Consultant/QHSE Consultant to join their growing team; the position will be based at either their Glasgow or Rosyth office.
The successful candidate will work within a supportive, friendly and driven team, contributing to meeting Team targets.
The position may require travel (including occasional overnight stays) throughout Scotland, the UK and Europe depending on project requirements. Company pool cars are available for business travel - a valid driving licence is required, valid passport and photo ID is required for air travel.
The successful candidate will work within the Environment, Quality and Training Group. Typical projects can include, but will not be limited to:
- Liaising with clients to assist with full or partial development and implementation of stand-alone or integrated management systems, e. ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and 50001.
- Internal auditing - compliance/systems/process-based audits.
- Assisting with client environmental issues to include: setting up, implementing and monitoring environmental improvement programmes and providing legal compliance assistance.
- Circular economy projects; business model development, market research, novel technologies and implementation.
- Chemical management/hazardous substances consulting.
- Compliance-related projects; emissions and carbon reporting, packaging reporting etc.
- Resource efficiency including auditing and consulting on energy, water, waste, materials, packaging.
- Business improvement projects, including lean manufacturing, data analysis and targeting projects.
- Hazardous materials reduction and special waste management.
- On-site support to implement projects.
- Design and delivery of training, seminars and facilitation of workshops.
- Honours or Master Degree in environmental science, environmental management, chemistry, waste, energy, quality management, manufacturing excellence, business management or a related subject.
- Membership (graduate, affiliate, associate or full) of a related professional institute for example: IEMA, CQI, CIWM, IES or CIWEM.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Management systems development and implementation, to include: ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and/or 50001
- Environmental legislation and compliance
- How environmental management is used in industry
- Lean manufacturing projects
- Resource efficiency, sustainability and circular economy
- Chemical management and waste classification
- Delivering lean manufacturing projects
- Delivering training
- Research, data analysis and report writing
- Project ownership, with maturity to deal with project management and client interface
- Self motivation and a desire and enthusiasm to be successful
- Confidence and the ability to present technical information clearly to all levels of company staff
- A 'self-starter' with commercial awareness
- Organised and structured
- Ability to motivate others to implement solutions and to drive sales
- Excellent written communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible combined with technical excellence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional software packages, including Excel, Access etc
- Full U. driving licence
- Eligible to work in the U
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes with growth opportunities. They support career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Chemical Management; Environmental Auditing; Environmental Compliance; ISO management Systems, SHEQ Manager, Environment Officer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Quality Advisor, SHEQ Officer, SHEQ Advisor, Quality Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor may also be considered for this role.