Cabinet Maker / Wood Machinist
1. Entry requirements
Experienced individual wanted to work within a joinery / furniture production environment.
2. Skills required
The following skills are required:
● Ability to work as part of a team and/or under your own initiative
● Wood machining
● Cabinet assembly
● Good understanding of traditional joinery and cabinet techniques
● Practical with a good attention to detail
● The ability to understand technical drawings
Ideally you will have:
● Understanding and experience in commercial wood finishing
3. What you'll do
As a Cabinet Maker you will be part of a team responsible from machining to hand bench work. Your key responsibilities range from timber preparation, fine finishing and sanding. You'll work mainly with wood but you may also use metals, plastics and other materials. Your day-to-day tasks could include:
● Working from technical drawings to produce full piece parts
● Cutting and shaping materials with hand and machine tools
● Working out and minimising waste from materials used.
● Assembling items
● Adding parts like brackets, hinges, handles and locks
● Sanding and preparing product ready for finishing
● Performing some finishing procedure duties as required.
4. Role Information
● Working Hours: 39 hours per week
● Located in Ware in Hertfordshire
● Holidays: 22 days per calendar year plus statutory Bank Holidays.