CAD Designer / Design Engineer / CAD Technician
Job Title: CAD Designer
Location: Axminster, Devon
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company are looking for an experienced CAD Designer who will report to the Research & Development Manager, who in turn reports to the Technical Director.
- Responsible for the design and development of new products, incorporating the technology developed by the Company into industry leading products.
- Responsible for the complete product lifecycle from inception to production, including testing and documentation.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the UK market for stoves and be able to interpret design trends and influences on the home heating sector.
- Effectively liaise with the Engineering and Production departments to ensure that all products are designed in a manner that promotes efficient, cost effective, production without compromising the aesthetics and functionality of the product concept.
- Ensure all activities are carried out to company policies and procedures.
- Follow company document management procedures.
- Degree, HND or HNC in an applicable engineering discipline.
- Proficient using SolidWorks CAD software. Applicants should have completed the SolidWorks Essentials and Sheet Metal courses as a minimum.
- Excellent understanding of design for manufacture principles.
- Excellent understanding and experience of designing sheet metal components and assemblies.
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of relevant domestic and international product standards.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Able to generate innovative and creative ideas to drive new product development.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, providing accurate and precise information to other departments and suppliers.
- An eye for detail with a systematic, logical approach to tasks.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; CAD Technician, CAD, Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Design Technician, 2D CAD, CAD Operator, CAD Designer, CAD Design, Draughtsperson, Design Engineer, CAD Engineer, Solidworks, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Graduate, Graduate Engineer may also be considered for this role.