Salary: up to £23,000 per annum plus end of contract bonus
Contract length: up to 18 months Max
Description of role
The Research team in Cambridge, UK, is looking for a finance administrator to provide support to a team of world-leading researchers and engineers.
Working alongside our Finance Analyst, the role has the following responsibilities:
- Collates and processes invoices according to policies.
- Processes expenses, ensuring that they adhere to policies.
- Raises purchase orders as required.
- Handles the procurement process for software and hardware purchases.
- Tracks and charges personal post.
- Raises and distributes cheques, as required.
- Provides support for month/quarter/year end close.
- Journal entry support.
- General administration support.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills (ability to multi-task and prioritise).
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and act with discretion.
- Able to work well under pressure and within short time constraints.
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail (must be a fluent English speaker).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Outlook essential.
- A team player, able to work on own initiative when required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience working in an administration role. Preferably in a financial/accounts team.
- Experience working within a global organisation across multiple time zones would be desirable, but not essential.