Server / Delivery Driver
1 day left
- Full Time
Server / Delivery Driver
Hours: Full/Part Time Hours available
Wage: Dependent on Experience
Place of Work: 595 Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff. CF5 1BE
Please note that this role involves driving a company vehicle
- 25 years of age minimum, due to insurance requirements
- Full clean driving licence
- No claims or involvements in any insurance related incidents in the past 5 years
- Confident, friendly, professional
- Exceptional standards of hygiene
- Welsh Speaker preferred but not essential
Our client is a new dynamic Artisan Bakery in Cardiff, specialising in baked produce made with skill and passion.
They sell bread from their shop which is open every day of the week, at various framers markets around the City and also to restaurants, cafes & Deli's
This role is for someone with a vibrant personality, must be passionate about food, people and helping them to build really strong relationships with customers.
Your typical day will be arriving at the bakery around 5am to prepare van and wholesale deliveries for the day. You will be working with light equipment to slice loaves, package them and load the van. Deliveries are in and around the Cardiff and South Wales area. When the deliveries are complete you will be serving in their busy Victoria Park shop and any other tasks required.
There is also an opportunity if you are interested in book keeping duties, if you have some accountancy skills please make that clear when applying.
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST ATTACH YOUR LATEST CV
Apply online with your CV with a covering letter of no more than 300 words explaining why you will make the perfect candidate. Please highlight your key skills & experience, are you a trained Barista? Do you have culinary skills? How have you demonstrated incredible customer service through attention to detail?
- Project a pleasant, positive & professional image to all contacts at all times
- Provide excellent guest service by discovering all of our guests needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all team members to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
- Manage cultural needs and expectations of guests
- Up selling and identification of additional revenue opportunities
- Maintain and adhere to billing policies and procedures
- Punctual attendance to each shift
- Maintain positive teamwork at all times
- Accurate and timely delivery of orders to guests
- Some basic food preparation and handling will be required
- Any other task required to contribute to the workflow of the department including daily cleaning tasks
- Adopt a clean as you go working attitude
- Being able to speak and write fluent English
- Being an open people person
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Being a positive team player
- Time planning
- Good organiser
- Good understanding of guests needs
- Previous experience as a barista
- Having practical waiting experience in a bakery, hotel, cafe, restaurant or similar is preferable
- Certificates basic food hygiene, SVQ or NVQ is preferable
OTHER: (travel, physical, drivers' license)
- Walking and standing are required during the working day.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfil cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Shift work essential.
- To attend any training courses deemed suitable
- To act upon Fire, Hygiene and all Health & Safety legislation
- Follow Bakery policies and procedures as per employee Induction as detailed in the employee Handbook
- Follow department standard operating procedures
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time, and may be amended from time to time as required.
Please apply online in order to send your CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
Apply for Server / Delivery Driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly