Shop Assistant - Full Time Hours
Full Time Hours available
Wage: National Minimum/Living Wage
Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff (CF5 1BE)
- Welsh Speaker preferred but not essential
- Barista trained preferred but not essential
- Confident, friendly, professional
- Exceptional standards of hygiene
- Passionate about food and local businesses.
- Detail orientated
Join our clients incredible team. This is a busy food & beverage business open 7 days a week. They are an independent business enjoying incredible success through providing quality service and produce, aiming to always exceed the customer's expectations. Are you dynamic, experienced, friendly and professional? Do you go above & beyond to make your customers day? Come join them!
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST ATTACH YOUR LATEST CV
Apply online with your CV and a covering letter of no more than 300 words explaining why you will make the perfect candidate. Please highlight your key skills & experience, are you a trained Barista? Do you have culinary skills? How have you demonstrated incredible customer service through attention to detail? Have you driven a van before/ are you a confident driver? Experience in delivering to customers is preferred.
- Project a pleasant, positive & professional image to all contacts at all times
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all team members to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
- Manage cultural needs and expectations of customers
- Up selling and identification of additional revenue opportunities
- Maintain and adhere to billing policies and procedures
- Punctual attendance to each shift
- Maintain positive teamwork at all times
- Accurate and timely delivery of orders to wholesale customers e.g route planning, knowing your way around the city or being confident at using a satnav to find new businesses.
- Food preparation and handling will be required
- Any other task required to contribute to the workflow of the department including daily cleaning tasks
- Adopt a clean as you go working attitude
- Self management to decide task importance and make sure everything is completed on time and to a high standard.
- Being able to speak and write fluent English
- Being an open people person
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Being a positive team player
- Time planning
- Good organiser
- Previous experience as a barista / van driver
- Having practical waiting experience in a bakery, hotel, cafe, restaurant or similar is preferable
- Certificates basic food hygiene, SVQ or NVQ is preferable
- Confidence, enthusiasm, passion for food, and flexibility are essential
- Commitment to making our business thrive
- Clean driving licence
- Ability to take a situation you have not come across and create a positive outcome.
- Confidence in computer/ till work.
OTHER: (travel, physical, drivers' license)
- Walking and standing are required during the working day.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfil cleaning tasks occasionally.
- May be required to work offsite in van or on market stalls.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Shift work essential.
- To attend any training courses deemed suitable
- To act upon Fire, Hygiene and all Health & Safety legislation
- Follow Bakery policies and procedures as per employee Induction as detailed in the employee Handbook
- Follow department standard operating procedures
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time, and may be amended from time to time as required.