Management Accountant - Barway Services Operations
Location: Barway, Ely, Cambridgeshire
At G’s, our philosophy is to be recognised as outstanding, market-led growers and suppliers of sustainable, healthy fresh produce, and to be at the forefront of the industry in everything we do. G’s is an incredibly exciting place to work. Being at the leading edge of modern food production means it’s fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding. We work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what’s right for G’s and our customers. We can only achieve this through the dedication of our people, underpinned by our values; Trust, Efficiency, Quality, Expertise, Can-do.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join our Group Finance team, based at Barway.
The key responsibilities include:
Work in line with our group values; Trust, Efficiency, Quality & Expertise and Can-do.
Preparation and analysis of weekly KPIs.
Preparation, analysis and commentary of month end Management Accounts.
Consolidation of BSL management accounts for group accounting submissions.
Reconciliation of allocated balance sheet accounts.
Involvement in the annual budget setting process and reforecasting of financial results.
Lead in cost saving verification and analysis.
Involvement and lead in systems and process improvement projects.
The ideal candidate:
- Studying CIMA at Management Level or above; or equivalent qualifications considered
- Strong excel skills and experience of analysis of complex data sets
- Experience in preparation of accounts - accruals, prepayments, review of overheads
- Experience in reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Strong communication skills
- Effective time management and organisation
- Interpersonal skills, building positive working relationships with other departments
- Passionate and driven to achieve business development
- Thrives in a fast paced working environment
- Can meet deadlines of longer term projects and initiatives as well as the running of day to day tasks
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
For an informal discussion please call Natalie Prytherch on 01353 726 720 or send an email to Natalie.Prytherch@GS-fresh.com