Support Worker - Residential
We are looking full and part time, days and waking nights Support Workers to join our Residential Children's home in Coventry. The unit is for children and young people with complex learning disabilities and associated challenging behaviours.
The shifts pattern for days is on a rota basis for all vacancies the hours for the days shifts cover the period between 07:00 - 23:00 normally in 8 hours shifts, with some overnight "on calls". The shift pattern for waking nights is 23:00 - 09:00.
The Support Worker’s role will involve:
- Safeguarding the young people
- Managing all levels of at risk behaviour including aggressive behaviour both verbal and physical
- Delivery a high standard of paperwork using a computer
The successful Support Worker will:
- Ideally have some experience of working within a residential setting or with young people with learning disabilities however not essential
- Be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check
- Be able to work a shift pattern that would include sleepovers
- Be able to work to a minimum of level 3 diploma standard
The home works on a rota system and staff are expected to work unsocial hours, weekends and Bank Holidays.
This role would suit an experienced Care Assistant, Support Worker or Children’s Carer.
If you are an experience Residential Child Care Officer and meet the criteria above or feel you could support young people then, please apply online today.
Apply for Support Worker - Residential
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly