Secretary - Property Department
Full Time - Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm
Our client is seeking an experienced legal secretary working with a solicitor who undertakes commercial property law. This is an exciting opportunity to join a local, reputable company.
Duties will include:
- Opening new files to include sending initial letters to client and obtaining money on account
- Undertaking anti-money laundering searches and completing compliance documentation accordingly
- General administration duties such as filing, sending faxes, emails, closing files etc.
- Completion of accounts paperwork for monies received and monies out
- Taking telephone calls from clients, estate agents and third party solicitors and providing appropriate updates where necessary
- Using case management system
- Assisting with the paperwork/processes for completion
- Post-completion to include completion of AP1 forms etc.
- Sending post completion letters to relevant parties
- Reception duties on an ad hoc basis
- Closing of files and following archiving procedures
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have experience working as a secretary in a property department, preferably commercial property
- Have a confident telephone manner
- Be familiar with general processes relating to leasehold and commercial property transactions and will be familiar with the terminology used
- Be confident and capable when meeting clients face to face who drop into the office to collect or deliver paperwork
- Have good organisational and administration skills
- Have strong IT skills including all Microsoft Office packages
- Be able to undertake the relevant and necessary searches online and ensure that they are collated on the file for the fee earner's review