Commercial Writer (MEN)
Commercial Writer (MEN)
£Competitive + Company benefits
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE PART OF BRITAIN'S REGIONAL NEWSPAPER OF THE YEAR?
At MEN Media, part of Reach plc (formerly Trinity Mirror), newspapers in our portfolio include the Manchester Evening News, Manchester Weekly News, Rochdale Observer, Macclesfield Express, Stockport Express and the Metro, so you know you're part of something special. But newspapers aren't just newspapers anymore. Readers now engage with news brands 6 times a day using multiple devices including; mobile, desktop, apps, Facebook, Twitter. Instagram and more. Over 14 million people visit the MEN website online every single month! In fact the Manchester Evening News is one of the top 25 Facebook publishers worldwide!
If you are looking to be part of a vibrant, fast paced and creative work environment, we are looking to recruit a Commercial Writer to play an important role in creating, identifying and advising on editorial ideas in order to support our commercial partners. Working with commercial representatives within MEN Media and the wide Reach group, the role is expected to deliver multi-platform packages - suggesting, creating and publishing editorial which meets client expectations; managing and maintaining social media commercial uploads; advising and providing feedback on content performance through the use of analytics.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent, accurate writing skills covering a range of topics, tones and styles - experience writing professionally
- Awareness and understanding of how people use the internet for information, and how to write content that engages and drives digital audience
- Deep understanding of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Ability to write or commission fresh and engaging content in new areas of commercial activity
- Undertake company/editorial projects and any other duties from time to time as reasonably requested by management
The ideal candidate
You'll possess basic video filming and editing skills and have knowledge of video editing packages (using smartphone technology). Along with this, you will manage multiple projects with pace and accuracy. An understanding of web publishing, SEO and analytics is desired. To be successful in this role, you will hold an NCTJ or equivalent preliminary qualification.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.