Supervising Social Worker
Supervising Social Worker
Salary: £26,000 - £36,000 pa depending on experience.
Must be able to drive and have access to a car. Car allowance paid.
Our client is currently looking for an energetic, creative and courageous qualified Social Worker, who can demonstrate tenacity and enthusiasm in making a positive difference to the lives of children who they look after.
Currently looking for a passionate person to support their foster carers in the South West of England to provide loving stable homes to children and young people who have experienced trauma.
Working within small team where positive relationships are valued. Therefore, it is essential that the post holder is able to work effectively with others with a flexible and adaptable approach – always demonstrating their commitment to working to the highest possible standards whilst remaining at all times child centred.
Community Foster Care is a small children’s charity operating as an Independent Fostering Agency, as well as providing other children’s services. They are passionately committed to their values and to enabling children and young people to thrive, be ambitious and to dream. Working for Community Foster Care means you are too.
The post holder will be based at their Gloucestershire office, however, they will be required to support carers across the South West and work closely with their colleagues in Wiltshire.
A driving licence and access to a car is essential.
You will also be required to participate in an Out of Hours Duty rota.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- that they share our clients values as these are integral to the day to day work of our charity
- a comprehensive working knowledge of fostering and child care legislation and safeguarding practices
The role will require the post holder to be involved in the recruitment, assessment, training and support of foster carers.
You will be required to support the children we look after to ensure that they are provided with the highest possible standard of care and the best opportunities to achieve all their ambitions.
The safeguarding of children is paramount, this post will require the successful applicants to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
What you get by working for Community Foster Care
- Become an integral part of the Community Foster Care Charity Community
- Work for a charity driven by its beliefs and values, which reinvests any surplus back into work with children and young people
- A working culture that promotes innovation and creativity
- A competitive pension scheme with matched employer contributions up to 5%
- A flexible working culture, that enables children’s needs to be met, but also provides you flexibility that you need for modern living
- A charity that has available a range of diverse professional interventions to enable children to recover from trauma and live within loving stable families. Our resources include a clinical therapist and placement and family support workers
- A charity with a firm commitment to anti oppressive practice, underpinned by an understanding and promotion of equality and diversity
- Commitment to personal development
- Excellent terms and conditions, including a car allowance.
Closing date: 20 July 2018
Interviews: 2 August 2018
If you feel you are the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below and a member of the recruitment team will respond with an application pack that must be completed.
Keywords: Social worker, childrens worker, foster care work, carer, childcare, community work, community care, social jobs, childrens services