Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Boscombe, Bournemouth
Salary: £30,750 - £38,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
The university college is a distinctive and specialist Higher Education Institution, internationally recognised for providing undergraduate and postgraduate education and clinical training in chiropractic, rehabilitation and exercise science, and diagnostic ultrasound.
They have an excellent opportunity for a skilled Infrastructure Engineer to join an experienced IT team of five individuals. The growth of the team is directly linked to the development of a new IT strategy and the planned growth of the institution.
The successful candidate will report to the IT Manager and will be responsible for the delivery of critical IT projects across the university college. The role calls for a good team player with the ability to work collaboratively to support colleagues from all areas of the institution to deliver strategic projects whilst providing excellent customer service.
The successful candidate for this Infrastructure Engineer position will ideally be working within a similar role and have experience of the design and implementation of a range of IT projects. They will have a good degree in an IT discipline preferably with an industry recognised qualifications and evidence of continuing professional development with proven in-depth experience of the following:
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support within a similar environment (not necessarily within education);
- Developing a Windows based server architecture
- Implementing new technologies on an enterprise scale
- Active Directory and Group Policy;
- Windows 7-10 and 2018-16 Server;
- HP server and switch hardware installation and management;
- Deployment of OSes, software & patches
- SCCM and MDM
- Exchange and Office 365 implementation and management
- Virtualisation technologies
- Backup and Antivirus configuration and management
- Network management, monitoring and security
Interviews will be held on the week of the 16th of July.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: 3rd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Analyst, IT Technician, 3rd Line Support Technician, 3rd Line Helpdesk Engineer, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, TCP Networking, IP Networking, SQL Server, Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Technician, SharePoint, Azure may also be considered for this role.