2nd Line Support Engineer / Field Engineer
Job Title: 2nd Line Support Engineer / Field Engineer
Salary: £27,000 - £32,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Based in modern offices in central Watford, the Company is a fast growing tech company that offers an extensive range of IT solutions its technical support team.
They are now looking to recruit a 2nd Line support engineer / Field Engineer to join our team in Watford.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Log and take ownership of calls raised via telephone and email
- Provide telephone, remote and email support
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, software, network and peripheral technical issues to customer's satisfaction via remote support
- Monitor and proactively resolve issues with remote back-up systems and data centre infrastructure
- Visit customer sites when required
Possessing excellent communication and customer service skills, you should be able to prioritise tasks, be aware of time constraints and deadlines and have the ability to research and learn new technologies/solutions under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of Citrix XenServer, Citrix XenApp 7 and HyperV
- Strong experience of installing and configuring Windows servers 2008/2012
- Experience of HyperV VM configuration and administration
- Experience of Exchange 2003 and 2010, configuration and administration
- Good understanding of networking solutions, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN and associated devices
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server (2003 - 2012) and Microsoft Office (2003 - 2016)
- Good knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop
- Active directory user administration
- Strong problem solving skills
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Self-motivation, the ability to work proactively on your own initiative and prioritise your work
- Administration of VEEAM and/or Symantec Backup Exec backup software
- Experience of registering domains, setting MX records and associated Exchange policies
- Experience with Windows and Citrix group policy configuration and administration
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 configuration and administration
- Exposure to Data Centre environments and core components such as SANs, NAS and Switches
In return the Company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including healthcare and life insurance plus they work in an open plan environment and have a relaxation/break area with pool table, air hockey, table tennis and PlayStation.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, ICT Systems Engineer, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Desk Support Engineer, IT Support Technician, ICT Support Engineer, Desktop Support, 2nd Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2010, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, XenApp, XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp 7 and HyperV, Windows Server may also be considered for this.