2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Job Title: 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £33,843 - £41,318 + 10% uplift for mandatory on call rota
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
2x Positions Available
This forward looking and innovative council are currently looking for a couple of experienced 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineers to join their busy infrastructure team. This role will be vital in helping them uphold their core values when it comes to customer care; ensuring efficiency and effectiveness at every level and providing first class services for the community.
As an Infrastructure Engineer your role will be to monitor the service delivery metrics and work with the relevant managers and customers to make sure they are aware of any developments or possible upcoming issues.
- Carry out agreed operational procedures, including network configuration, installation and maintenance.
- Perform regular high-performance, scalable backups and restores on a schedule while keeping track of offsite replication.
- Identify, register and categorises any incidents as well as gather relevant information to enable incident resolution
- Identify and resolve network problems following agreed procedures.
- Identify and resolve issues with applications, following agreed procedures.
- Investigate problems in systems, processes and services and then assist with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Monitor compliance against agreed processes and investigate, assess and resolve any incidents of non-compliance
- Use system management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics working across the ICT team to resolve performance issues.
- Assess, analyse, develop, document and implement changes based on requests for said change.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the following:
- Citrix products including NetScaler
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Tech Stack
- Windows 10
- Server and Application virtualisation using Hyper-V and App-V
- Azure services including Azure AD and server provisioning.
- Migrating on premise systems to Office 365 and Exchange online.
- Mobile device management using Intune and Mobile Iron.
The council is looking for an infrastructure professional with strong skillset and willing to get stuck into an exciting refresh programme.
In return for all this you'll get a great selection of benefits as well as the opportunity for further development and progression within the Council
- Extremely competitive pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave (rising to 28 after 5 years)
- Flexible working (possible to use 2 days flexible leave per month in addition to annual leave)
- 37 hour working week
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Excellent maternity and paternity leave
- Optional private medical scheme
- Employee assistance programme (welfare services)
- Professional membership reimbursement
- Staff discounts on transport, dining, days out etc
- Diverse organisation with Two Ticks status
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, ICT Systems Engineer, IT Technician, 3rd Line Support, 2nd Line Engineer, 3rd Line Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician, Technical Support, Technical Infrastructure Engineer, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.