Desktop Support Engineer
Vitality, Desktop Support Engineer, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business
In exchange for your hard work and commitment to Vitality in this Desktop Support Engineer role, we have designed a generous benefits package to reward our employees, this includes;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
As our Desktop Support Engineer you will act as part of the Desktop Support team that provides IT 2nd line desk support for Vitality. Core responsibilities will include communicating with internal stakeholders, VIP’s and external 3rd parties about a wide variety of IT issues.
You will be expected to complete user access to applications and other service requests, attempt to troubleshoot incidents/rectify issues independently (1st line fix), whilst escalating more complex issues to the appropriate resolver group where required.
Responsibilities as our Desktop Support Engineer include:
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for applications, printers, computer hardware, telephony and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Understand the needs and requirements of the business in order to provide excellent customer service to all areas within the business including the provision of VIP support to business executives and stakeholders.
- Being accountable as a site support engineer for a company user base extending to 1800 users on additional sites including home based users.
- Being instrumental in the creation of strong and effective relationships with business users to ensure that service delivery meets their expectations.
- Attending Service Management meetings to represent and resolve operational escalations and priorities for both locally to the site and the extended business.
- Ensuring IT assets are managed appropriately across the Vitality group on a desktop, mobile & printing level for the site whilst providing feedback on enhancements to the desktop and wider IT function.
- Develop trends by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests
- Working cross site with other Desktop Support Engineers to provide prompt and efficient service
- To accurately record incidents using the relevant logging systems in a timely manner in accordance with agreed SLA’s.
- Escalate issues as appropriate in accordance with published procedures
Skills and Experience required of our Desktop Support Engineer:
- Good standard of education including 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent
- Previous Desktop Support experience essential
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Working well within a team environment but also working off your own initiative
- Exposure to Domain and Active directory environments
- Good knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office primarily windows 10 and Office 2013
- Ability to logically troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Ability to research and discover new solutions
- Demonstrable track record of delivering a consistently high level of telephone-based service, preferably in a regulated environment
- Must display a positive attitude at all times and be customer focused
- Experience of working within deadlines, operating in a high pressure environment
- Able to show a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks
- ITIL v2 or v3 Foundation Certificate (desirable)
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Project & Visio(desirable)
Working for Vitality as a Desktop Support Engineer you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Friday 13th July 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Desktop Support Engineer please click ‘apply’ today.