Senior Quality Control Engineer
Job Title: Senior Quality Control Engineer
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hour a week, full time position with 28 days annual holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
Salary: Competitive rates of pay
Are you an experienced Quality Engineer, looking for an exciting opportunity to develop and deploy a quality management system within a manufacturing company with an international reputation?
If the answer is yes, then our client is looking for an enthusiastic person to take overall responsibility for the day to day quality for the company, by holding the team to task with an incessant desire to improve quality for our customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for improving quality performance within the business through deployment of a quality management system that drives Built in Quality (BIQ) as opposed to inspected in quality.
- You will be responsible for the overall management of quality day to day within the company
- You will constantly look to improve quality performance within the business through deployment of a quality management system, including effective problem solving; elimination of root causes and a drive to Build in Quality (BIQ) as opposed to inspect it in.
- Quality deliverable owner and gatekeeper of quality for new product introductions.
- Management of external and internal quality issues through the NCR process.
- Ensure robust control plans are in place linked to the FMEA, and ensuring adherence to them.
- Transparent reporting of quality performance, escalation and communication of quality issues within the business.
- Supporting the internal audit programme by conducting audits of standard work, control plans and Quality Management System requirements as per audit plan.
- Continuous improvement through the application of the BIQ framework elements.
- Previous experiences in a quality function, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Effective communicator and results orientated team player, confident in their technical knowledge.
- Proven problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Trained in modern quality management techniques and auditing preferably to ISO9001 or FDA / medical or Automotive Standards.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office and Minitab (or similar statistical software).
- Must have experience in using quality tools such as; FMEA, Control Plan, NCR, CCC, DFSS, APQP, DMAIC and Lean.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in an engineering, science or technology related discipline
- Qualified to Six Sigma Green Belt
What’s On Offer:
- Family business with an impressive growth over 20 years – we are offering the right candidate a chance to come in at an exciting point in the business’s development and growth and help take us to the next level
- A really hands on working environment where your input will be highly valued - you will have the opportunity to make a tangible and direct difference to the business success
- Company pension contribution
- Significant product discounts
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Senior Quality Control Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, QA Engineer, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Management, QA