Soil Receipt Assistant
Job Title: Soil Receipt Assistant
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Hours: This is a 37.5 hour per week Full Time permanent position.
Our client incorporates the use of multiple laboratory divisions across the UK and has since become the UK’s largest independent provider of analytical data to the Agricultural, Horticultural, Amenity and Environmental sectors. Operating from five locations in the UK, it employs approx. 350 staff, covering all aspects of a company focussed on providing high quality data and first class customer service.
A vacancy currently exists for a hard working team player to join our Customer Operations team.
Primarily working within the Soil Receipt area the successful candidate will need to be able to follow the procedures and processes including both Administrative and Physical Manual Preparative tasks to enable timely entry and preparation of soil samples.This diverse role will suit somebody who is able to multi task, think upon their feet and use initiative for problem solving to enable completion of their workload.
Routine tasks associated with this role include:
- Logging clients Soil testing requirements on to the computer system.
- Labelling and identifying samples with their unique reference numbers.
- Production of storage bags to allow efficient sample retention.
- Generation of laboratory worksheets for distribution to Analytical departments.
- Contacting customers to clarify testing requirements.
- This role could include reporting of completed analytical reports and other administrative duties.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have their own transport is required as the laboratory is in a rural location.
- Will be an excellent communicator is required to communicate both internally and externally.
- Will have some laboratory experience or scientific educational background would be advantageous however full on the job training shall be provided.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Laboratory Technician, Lab Technician, Scientific Vacancies, Agricultural,