Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Engineer, Saltburn near Redcar / Guisborough
- Satisfy the requirements to manage their area of responsibility in accordance with current legislation as itemised in their Mines Regulations 2014 appointment, and must be aware of all other legislation applicable to their area and any pertinent updates.
- Set and enforce the necessary engineering standards to ensure the safe and productive operation of the mine and surface assets, providing guidance to the Mechanical and Electrical Superintendents in this regard.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all statutory provisions as detailed in their Mines Regulations 2014 appointment.
- Ensuring the ongoing compliance with, and continual improvement of, OHSAS 18001.
- Action any recommendations or directives as requested by the Head of Engineering.
- Develop and implement the long-term engineering and asset management strategy for the business, covering all aspects of asset acquisition, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure that engineering projects are professionally planned, managed and executed.
- Set the framework and principles for the engineering CAPEX and OPEX budgets, including the annual budget and the 5-year plan.
- Provide guidance to the business on all technical matters relating to mechanical engineering.
- Use judgement and experience to manage incidents and problems which arise.
- Review operational and statutory reports and other publications from a mechanical standpoint, ensuring that a professional standard is maintained regarding such documentation.
- Establish and maintain site standards and specifications for equipment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A Chartered Engineer or with extensive experience in the mine Mechanical environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the application of relevant legislation: The Mines Regulations 2014, PUWER, LOLER.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mining type machines and mine engineering infrastructure.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering maintenance techniques to improve machine reliability.
Required Qualifications/Certificates: (have or be prepared to work towards)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Chartered Engineer status
- NEBOSH General Certificate
Salary: Competitive+ Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
The role would be suitable for candidates interested in: Engineering Manager, Head of Engineering, Chief Engineer, Senior Multi Skilled, Maintenance, Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering Supervisor, Electrical Technician, Capital Projects Plant Technician, Mining, Cleveland, North Yorkshire, Guisborough, Redcar, Manufacturing, Manufacturer