Assistant Production Manager
An excellent opportunity to work for a well-established and successful company in a rural location as a Print & Assembly Assistant Production Manager.
Our client is a leading UK trade manufacturer of corporate and promotional merchandise. They have a team of 62 at their factory in Herefordshire, of whom 42 are involved in production. 95% of company sales are from products that they print and manufacture themselves, with an ongoing programme of high quality product development.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Print and Assembly Assistant Production Manager will be helping with the planning, coordination and control of the manufacturing processes in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
The Print & Assembly Assistant Production Manager will help ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently, on time and to the correct quality standard.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Must have some previous supervisory/team leader experience.
- Must have some printing knowledge.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must have good people skills.
- Must have problem solving skills and a positive attitude.
- Must have some quality control experience.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES.
- Helping the Production Manager to oversee production areas, i.e. materials preparation and presswork, all printing (screen & digital) and assembly, through to and including despatch.
- Working closely with the Production Manager and Supervision/Key workers, to help achieve production objectives.
- Checking the works orders are correct before being released into production.
- Monitoring and progress chasing certain production processes.
- Being operationally aware of the jobs on the system, so that proactive management decisions and choices can be utilised, instead of reactive measures.
- Setting up some machines, such as laser cutters and small CNC routers.
The job is fairly hands on, with approximately 50% of the time spent on the shop floor.
The Assistant Production Manager would be expected to have a good understanding of certain key operations/job functions, such as the printing processes, the stock control and despatch system and an operational understanding of some processes in assembly, such as lasering and cnc routing.
Training would be given on the setting of the lasering and routing machines.
Would suit someone with print knowledge and some supervisory experience, wanting an opportunity to further their career and progress into management.
If you feel you have the right skills to work in a role with good career progression opportunities, then please apply now.
Please indicate your salary expectations when applying.
Position: Print & Assembly Assistant Production Manager.
Location: WCM&A Ltd, Units 1-4 Woodend Business Park, Stoke Lacy, Herefordshire.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience.
Working Hours: 40 hours, 8am – 5pm Mon-Fri.