Class 1 drivers
We are looking for Class 1 drivers in the Thatcham, Newbury and Reading areas who would be interested in working for a multi customer, market leading Logistics company on a permanent basis.
Applications will also be accepted from Novice Drivers (Less than 1 Years’ Experience) providing you pass the Company’s driving assessment.
Offering a competitive salary of £31,000 - £36,000 + OTE with associated premiums, we are looking for hard working and dedicated individuals to join a friendly team who are looking to get fully involved and make a difference every day.
Other benefits include:
- Contracts of up to 40 hours a week
- Weekend working and evening shifts available
- Premiums for unsocial and weekend hours
- Lots of overtime opportunities
- 24 days Annual Leave per annum
- 8 Bank Holidays per annum
- Healthcare Cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
- Opportunities to earn a Christmas bonus
- Rota provided in advance
- Canteen serving hot and cold food
- Free On-Site Car Parking
- Bicycle Park
- Free Uniform and PPE provided
- Lockers provided
- TV’s and pool table in employee rest areas
- Life Assurance 4 x Basic Salary
- Development Opportunities for New Drivers
- Career Progression opportunities throughout the network
You will work as part of a dedicated team delivering products from the Thatcham Depot to multiple M&S Stores across the South East whereby you will be involved with the customer, unloading and delivery of product. You will also work to collect products from Suppliers and other Company Depots to deliver these to the distribution centre.
Working as part of a close-knit team, they are offering any 5 in 7 shift patterns full time opportunities.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, you will also be offered the following:
- Regular start times
- Overtime opportunities
- A Customer centric job role
- On time delivery
- Secure and safe working practices
- Be an active part of the team
What you will need to succeed:
- The ability to communicate well with those around you
- A safety-first approach to driving
- Focus and dedication to quality service at all times
- LGV Class 1 (HGV C+E)
- CPC qualified
- Preferably 12 months experience
- No more than 3 points on your license
This organisation prides itself on being the first choice for their customers and focuses on delivering excellence in everything they do. They have an established high-performance culture and ensure that their employees have the opportunity to be fully involved and feel that they can influence their environment every day.
Operating in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors, including grocery, food service and gas, it works in partnership with customers such as Starbucks, EAT, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Morrisons and 2 Sisters Food Group.