PSV Technician - Semi Skilled
PSV Technician- Semi Skilled
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Benefits: 5 weeks holiday plus paid public holidays. Enhanced salary during weekend work.
Hours: 38pw + possible overtime
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
Our client, established over a 100 years ago has been serving communities across the north east of England. With over 2000 employees and turnover in excess of £100 million pounds, the company is a leader in the transport sector. This is a great opportunity to work for a fantastic modern forward thinking organisation.
To contribute within the engineering main function of ensuring that all vehicles are maintained to ensure that they are reliable, safe and available for service at all times.
- Carry Out Vehicle Servicing.
- Carry out minor electrical repairs.
- Carry out minor body repairs.
- The Driving Of the Recovery Vehicle.
- The Recovery of disabled vehicles and carry out vehicle changeovers.
- Carry Out First Use Checks & Return to Service Inspections and complete any associated paperwork.
- Carry Out Wheel Nut Inspections and complete any associated paperwork.
- Drive company vehicles, where qualified and perform associated tasks as directed.
- Be a proactive positive team member.
- Be flexible and be able to adapt to the companies needs when requested.
- The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post from time to time. Variation may also occur to the duties and responsibilities without changing the general character of the post.
- To carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- To handle vehicles and any other Company equipment with due care and attention.
- To ensure that the vehicles required for service are serviced at the highest possible standard and that the instructions of the Fleet Engineer in this respect are carried out.
- In the event of breakdowns, accidents, changeovers, to ensure the safety and comfort of Passengers and to cooperate with Police, DVSA and Local Authorities.
- To ensure that equipment and cleaning materials are not abused and any faults reported to Management .
- To ensure compliance with the Factories Act, Health and Safety at Work Act or any other Acts, rules or regulations which the company adheres to.
- To ensure the compliance of the companies policies and procedures at all times.
If you feel you are the Ideal candidate then APPLY today!
Keywords: PSV Technician, Semi-Skilled Bus Technician, Semi-Skilled Bus Engineer, PSV Mechanic, Bus Mechanic, Commercial Vehicle Mechanic