2 days left
- Full Time
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Benefits: 5 weeks holiday plus paid public holidays. Enhanced salary on weekends.
Hours: 38pw + possible overtime
Location: Gateshead, Riverside
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
Our client, established over a 100 years ago has been serving communities across the north east of England. With over 2000 employees and turnover in excess of £100 million pounds, the company is a leader in the transport sector. This is a great opportunity to work for a fantastic modern forward thinking organisation.
To contribute within the engineering main function of ensuring that all vehicles are maintained to ensure that they are reliable, safe and available for service at all times.
- Carry out repairs on company vehicles and complete associated paperwork.
- Prepare vehicles for annual test above DVSA standards and complete associated paperwork.
- Carry out minor Mechanical & Electrical repairs.
- The Recovery of disabled vehicles and carry out vehicle changeovers.
- Carry out first use checks & return to service inspections and complete any associated paperwork.
- Drive company vehicles, where qualified and perform associated tasks as directed.
- Be a proactive positive team member.
- Be flexible and be able to adapt to the companies needs when requested.
- The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post from time to time. Variation may also occur to the duties and responsibilities without changing the general character of the post.
- To carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- To handle vehicles and any other Company equipment with due care and attention.
- To ensure that the vehicles required for service are serviced at the highest possible standard and that the instructions of the Fleet Engineer in this respect are carried out.
- In the event of breakdowns, accidents, changeovers, to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers and to cooperate with Police, DVSA and Local Authorities.
- To ensure that equipment and cleaning materials are not abused and any faults reported to management
- To ensure compliance with the Factories Act, Health and Safety at Work Act or any other Acts, rules or regulations which the company adheres to.
- To ensure the compliance of the companies policies and procedures at all times.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Level 2 NVQ or equivalent in mechanics or relevant working experience.
- Valid UK driving licence required.
- PCV Driving licence is an asset.
- Knowledge of DVSA requirements is desirable.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Fully Skilled Bodybuilder, Semi-Skilled Bodybuilder, Body shop Technician, Body shop Repair Technician, Auto Body Repair, Commercial Vehicle Repair, Commercial Vehicle Panelling, Engineering. Panel beater, coachbuilder, Bus Technician
Apply for Coach Builder
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly