Salary:Competitive, dependant on experience
Benefits: 5 weeks holiday plus paid public holidays
Hours: 38pw + possible overtime
Location: Gateshead, Riverside
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
Our client, established over a 100 years ago has been serving communities across the north east of England. With over 2000 employees and turnover in excess of £100 million pounds, the company is a leader in the transport sector. This is a great opportunity to work for a fantastic modern forward thinking organisation.
To contribute within the engineering main function of ensuring that all vehicles are maintained to ensure that they are reliable, safe and available for service at all times.
- Carry out the diagnosis and repairs on company vehicles and complete associated paperwork.
- Prepare vehicles for annual test above DVSA standards and complete associated paperwork.
- Using diagnostic equipment.
- Carry out minor mechanical and body repairs
- The recovery of vehicles and carry out vehicle changeovers.
- Carry out first use checks and return to service inspections and complete any associated paperwork.
- Drive company vehicles, where qualified and perform associated tasks as directed.
- Be a proactive and positive team member
- Be flexible and be able to adapt to the companies needs when requested.
- To carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- To handle vehicles and any other Company equipment with due care and attention.
- To ensure that the vehicles required for service are serviced at the highest possible standard and that the instructions of the Fleet Engineer in this respect are carried out.
- In the event of breakdowns, accidents, changeovers, to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers and to cooperate with Police, DVSA and Local Authorities.
- To ensure that equipment and cleaning materials are not abused and any faults reported to management
- To ensure compliance with the Factories Act, Health and Safety at Work Act or any other Acts, rules or regulations which the company adheres to.
- To ensure the compliance of the companies policies and procedures at all times.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Level 2 NVQ or equivalent in mechanics or relevant working experience
- Valid UK driving licence required
- PCV Driving licence is an asset
- Knowledge of DVSA requirements is desirable
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Auto Electrician, Test Electrician, Inspection Electrician, Maintenance Electrician, Electrical Installation, Electrical Engineer, Skill Trades. Emergency Response Electrician, Bus Technician