Residential children support worker
2 days left
- Full Time
Are you a passionate and driven to help children ? Are you confident in providing support and help children to be the best they can? Should that be the case this job is perfect for you.
BS Social Care in Hammersmith are seeking a range of childcare practitioners who have experience providing care and support to vulnerable children with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and challenging behaviours in a registered Ofsted setting. The roles will be appointed based on experience and knowledge of Ofsted.
- To contribute to the normal development of the young people through the provision of a healthy lifestyle, a variety of appropriate activities and a consistent caring adult role model.
- To be sensitive to the needs of individual young people, taking account of race, language, religion, sexuality and culture.
- To talk and listen to young people, monitoring their behaviour and recording significant features.
- To promote working in partnership with parents, carers, social workers and any other appropriate persons important to that young person.
- To provide additional support and comfort to young people who are under stress or suffering from anxiety.
- To identify and implement boundaries necessary to modify unacceptable behaviour of young people.
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the children are monitored and protected.
- Support workers would need NVQ 3/ QCF (Caring for Children and Young People) OR equivalent (minimum of 1 years experience in a children's home.)
- To provide 5 consecutive years worth of referencing
- Accrued holiday pay
- Pension contribution
- Contract of employment
- Refresher training
- Temp of The Month Scheme
- Continuous professional development based on opportunities to work in specialist areas of social care
Please contact Martin on 0208 748 7148 for more information. Alternatively, email directly.
Apply for Residential children support worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly